5G will usher in an exciting time for Communications Service Providers (Comms SPs), who will evolve their business models by streamlining, yet customizing the delivery of services, essentially bringing businesses and their customers closer together. This, in turn, will enable new innovations and opportunities for services and revenue growth. To prepare for a 5G world, Comms SPs are transforming their networks to provide a virtualized foundation to deliver mass customization of the network. This transformation takes shape by ensuring flexibility and scalability from the radio access (including both licensed and unlicensed spectrums) through the core. The networks become dynamically “sliceable” in order to deliver and manage all connected devices and services with a high quality of experience. The network will require compute processing from the antenna thru the core that is both flexible and deployable when and where they are needed.
Watch the latest episode in our eight-part Network Transformation video podcast series, hosted by Jim St. Leger, Data Plane Software Product Line Manager at Intel. This episode takes you through the role of 5G, how 5G will impact our lives and why it is important to Comms SPs.
You can find new videos every two weeks through the end of 2016 on our YouTube channel.
- Podcast: Laying the Foundation for 5G
- Podcast: Intel And 5G Networks
- Blog: Beyond Speeds and Feeds: 5G Networks Will Drive Business Transformation
- Blog: Network Transformation Is Laying the Groundwork for 5G
- Website: 5G Technology Overview
- Blog: Paving the Road to 5G Mobile Services
- Blog: Powering 5G Network Infrastructure with Intel Technologies