Here are my top 5 highlights of IDF15 that networking enthusiasts can’t miss:
1. Intel Network Builders Community: IDF15 marks the second anniversary of the Intel Network Builders ecosystem program, which is helping to drive network transformation by building a community of vendors and providers working together towards solutions optimization, integration, and deployment. The Intel Network Builders community at IDF features 24 ecosystem partners demonstrating the next generation SDN/NFV, Mobile Edge Computing, and Carrier Grade technologies and solutions. This is at the top of my list to see in the Technology Showcase because it provides direct access to a diverse set of technical experts and networking demonstrations.
2. 5G: Innovation from Client to Cloud Mega Session: This ”Mega Session” features Sandra Rivera, Vice President, Data Center Group, and General Manager, Network Platforms Group, and Aicha Evans, Corp. Vice President, Platform Engineering Group, and General Manager, Intel Communication and Devices Group. They will take the stage to provide a glimpse into the next-generation networks, devices, and consumer experiences that will define the mobile industry’s “5G era.” I think this is a must see for networking enthusiasts and hope to see you there on Wednesday, August 19, 11:00-12:00. If you can’t make it you can catch my tweets @renunavale!
3. Networking Technical Sessions: All of the sessions I’ve chosen below will give you an opportunity to learn from Intel technology experts and discuss some of the hottest technologies impacting software defined infrastructure and data center networking. Use the session titles and session IDs to find more information from the IDF15 webpage:
- Software Defined infrastructure: Tips, Tricks and Tools for Network Infrastructure Design and Optimization (INFS002)
- Tech Chat: 100Gb Ethernet Service Function Chaining on the Intel® Open Network Platform (INFC002)
- Tech Chat: Intel® Open Network Platform Addressing SDN/NFV Industry Needs Through Innovation (INFC001)
- Programmable, Scalable and High Performance Data Plane for Network Functions Virtualization (INFS010)
- Optimizing Video Processing and Delivery with Intel® Xeon® Processor E3 Solutions (DCWS003)
- Hands-on Lab: Data Plane Development Kit 101 - Discover the Performance Secret Sauce (DCWL001 & DCWL001R)
- Intel® Open Network Platform Solutions for Network Functions Virtualization (INFS003)
- Implementing Software Defined Infrastructure for Hyper-Scale (INFS001)
4. 4.5/5G Wireless Pavilion and Data Center Community: As mobile continues to evolve beyond 4G to the fifth generation (5G) mobile standard the need for the next generation network evolves with it. The 4.5/5G Wireless Pavilion showcases cutting-edge wireless concepts designed to serve as the networking foundation for future mobile applications. I encourage you to come see what is driving the future of mobile networking and get an early glimpse into tomorrow’s mobile experiences. While you are in the area I suggest you visit the data center community which is showcasing the latest Intel technologies and ecosystem solutions that enable more automated, agile, and efficient data center infrastructure, including several networking related demonstrations.
5. Data Center Escape Game: For the first time at IDF, the Data Center Group will host a live room-escape experience. While not directly related to networking technologies, this is a fun and competitive game that challenges your puzzle skills! With 30 minutes on the clock, teams of 5 are locked in a simulated control room and must work together to bring the data center back online. The championship will be on the line, and some amazing prizes too! I recommend you reserve your spot in advance at: https://infrastructurebuilders.intel.com/escaperoom or visit the game in the Data Center and SDI Community.
There you go – five networking stops to add to your IDF15 agenda. I look forward to seeing you there.