MinIO is a high-performance, Kubernetes-native object store. Optimized for the multi-cloud, MinIO can be found in the public cloud (900K hosts across AWS, GCP and Azure), the private cloud (more than 1M Docker pulls a day), Kubernetes distributions like Tanzu and OpenShift and at the edge. Our open source, software-defined, Amazon S3 compatible object storage system is designed to deliver against ML/AI, analytics, backup and archival workloads - all from a single platform.
MinIO is guided by a few core principles:
- Cloud Native: MinIO was built from scratch in the last four years and is native to the technologies and architectures that define the cloud. These include containerization, orchestration with Kubernetes, microservices and multi-tenancy. No other object store is more Kubernetes-native.
- Performance. With its focus on high performance, MinIO enables enterprises to support multiple use cases with the same platform. For example, MinIO’s performance characteristics mean that you can run multiple Spark, Presto, and Hive queries, or to quickly test, train and deploy AI algorithms, without suffering a storage bottleneck.
- Scalability. MinIO scales from GBs to EBs with a simple scaling model that leverages the learnings of the hyper-scalers.
- Simplicity. Minimalism is a guiding design principle at MinIO. Simplicity reduces opportunities for errors, improves uptime, delivers reliability while serving as the foundation for performance.
- Amazon S3 Compatibility. MinIO’s open source adoption ensures it is the most broadly tested S3 compatible object store in the industry.
MinIO can be run on any public, private or edge cloud. Please see the marketplace of your choice for instructions on how to run MinIO there.
Learn more about MinIO performance and its integration with Intel technologies:
- Build a High-Performance Object Storage-as-a-Service Platform with MinIO - Intel Reference Architecture
- Implementation Guide for MinIO Storage-as-a-Service - Intel Implementation Guide
- High-Performance Splunk SmartStore with MinIO Using Intel® Technologies
- MinIO S3 Throughput Benchmark on NVMe SSD (32 nodes)