The latest release of the Data Plane Development Kit is 2.2, which was completed in December 2015 and is available for download from dpdk.org (http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tag/?id=v2.2.0).
This webinar describes the new features that are included in DPDK 2.2, including major changes such as:
• A new cryptodev API supporting both hardware and software acceleration for crypto
• A performance thread sample application comparing the performance of different threading approaches
• Support for the ARMv7 and ARMv8 architectures
• A sample application for an IEEE1588 PTP client
• Improved NIC support, including support for Mellanox, Liberouter and Netronome NICs, and enhancements for both I40E and FM10K
The webinar will also outline planned contributions from Intel to the next DPDK release, 16.04 (formerly referred to as 2.3), which is due to be completed in April 2016.