SYMKLOUD MS2900 Media
With mobile devices challenged by power consumption and the usage of bandwidth-hungry video content, the need for efficient transcoding in the cloud has never been greater. As transcoding for mobile devices are moving in to the Cloud to offload the required processing on the mobile device, the result is better power efficiency on the mobile device. Working with Intel, Kontron has created the optimal solution that addresses the issue of energy efficiency, scalability and cost, and results in a better user experience.CONTACT COMPANY►
The Kontron MS2900 is designed from ground up to improve how service providers deploy any web-based hosted services in four key areas:
- Multifaceted approach towards achieving the best Power Efficiency;
- Integrated Switching and Load Balancing for more elegant and seamless Cluster and Rack Scalability;
- Simplified Management that slashes system-level update times;
- Integration Servicing of all required hardware and software to match requirements of client's infrastructure applications
Its overall modular approach makes the Kontron SYMKLOUD Media platform also capable of running multiple applications – including transcoding – across multiple independent low-power, high-performance processors.
- The SYMKLOUD MS2900 Media platform features up to:
18 Intel® Core™ i7 Quad-Core Processors, and is future-proofed to accommodate next generation Intel processors.
- Designed from the ground up to integrate switching, load balancing and processing in a 3-in-1 modular approach
- Power efficiency for significant OPEX savings
- Simplified 1-click updates
- Seamless cluster and rack scalability
- Designed for IPTV, Cable, Cloud and Mobile Cloud service providers to introduce new applications used for mobile and fixed video transcoding, unified communications and Video Surveillance as a Service (VSaaS)