Evolve your network with the 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors Experience Kits
As your network demands increase, technology needs to evolve and deliver new potentials. This evolution is the fuel for Network Transformation and it can take many forms: open platforms, virtualized infrastructure, containers and cloud native practices and often a mix of any of these. A baseline of proven platforms that can make this transformation happen is essential.
The introduction of the 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors will delivers incremental performance for network workloads and a depth of additional capabilities that provides best-practice architecture and development guidelines addressing industry needs in performance, automation, security, observability, interfaces standardization and more. The 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors Experience Kits offer developers, technical leads, and other audiences a variety of materials needed to enable adoption of the new technologies and service-enabling capabilities needed for services delivery from network edge to core in next-generation, open, agile and efficient networks.
Network Transformation reference architectures provide guidance to optimized configurations of hardware and software components designed to achieve efficiencies in modern network architectures. The primary focus for reference architecture development is on Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) use cases. In order to keep up with and derive benefits from the latest advances, most reference architectures are based on 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable platforms and related technologies.
Open platforms provide the scalability and flexibility needed for almost any network usage. In some cases, this includes using standards-based acceleration technologies to deliver the required efficiency or performance. Intel offers a large range of technologies and capabilities to meet the broad range of throughput and reliability of network workloads.
- Power Management – Enhanced Power Management for Low-Latency Workloads Technology Guide
- Intel® Speed Select Technology - Core Power (Intel® SST-CP) Overview Technology Guide
- Intel® AVX-512 - Packet Processing with Intel® AVX-512 Instruction Set Solution Brief
- Intel® AVX-512 - Instruction Set for Packet Processing Technology Guide
- Intel® AVX-512 - Writing Packet Processing Software with Intel® AVX-512 Instruction Set Technology Guide
- Intel® AVX-512 and Intel® AES-NI - Achieving 1 Tbps IPsec Technology Guide
- SR-IOV with Kubernetes - Networking and Observability Technology Guide
- Intel® Ethernet Controller 800 Series – Dynamic Device Personalization (DDP) for Telecommunications Workloads Technology Guide
A critical objective of many network transformation projects is enable automation to offset the time-consuming and costly manpower requirements to manage scalable, distributed networks and to achieve more cloud-like efficiencies. While the separation of functions found in most virtualized, NFV or cloud-native environments could initially multiply the complexity of managing services, they also promise unprecedented ability to streamline and automate management and maintenance functions through the use of telemetry, closed loop processes and increasingly AI techniques.
- Observability - Network Telemetry Reporting Solution Brief
- Enhanced Service Assurance - Intel Platform with OPNFV* Barometer Project
- Closed Loop Platform Automation: Service Healing and Platform Resilience
- Closed Loop Platform Automation - Power Savings Demo
- Closed Loop Platform Automation - System QoS Demo
Security of any networking system is always a top priority. No network transformation journey is possible without considering and planning for the security implications. New technologies allow new hardware and virtualized or containerized security services to provide the latest protections throughout the network infrastructure.
- Crypto - Ubiquitous Availability of Crypto Technologies Solution Brief
- Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) - NGINX Private Key on 3rd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor User Guide
- Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) – Key Management on the 3rd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor Technology Guide
Intel optimizes 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors for Communication Service Providers workloads to provide feature enhanced network capabilities using Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512, Intel® AES New Instructions, DPDK, and Intel® QuickAssist Technology.
- Maximizing vCMTS Data Plane Performance with 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor Architecture White Paper
- Multi-Cloud Services - High Performance Computation Modernization in Financial Services Industries Technology Guide
- Multi-Cloud Services - Kubernetes with Cloudify Orchestration and F5 Networks Functions Technology Guide
Additional Experience Kits
Explore the Container Experience Kits to address the challenges of adoption of commercial containers-networking and increase capabilities on configuration, manageability, performance and service assurance.
Stay ahead of your network transformational needs with the Network Transformation Experience Kits. Explore a library of best-practice architecture and guidelines that accelerate the virtualization of network infrastructure.