Tune in on July 11 for a Special Announcement from Intel
You are invited to Intel's online virtual launch event on July 11. Hear from Navin Shenoy, Intel's new Executive Vice President and General Manager of the Data Center Group (DCG), and from Lisa Spelman, DCG's Vice President and General Manager of Intel Xeon Products and Data Center Marketing, who will share Intel's perspective on how businesses can navigate the complex and diverse infrastructure requirements to win in the data-infused era of connected intelligence.
This virtual event will feature a full line up of keynotes, technical sessions and demonstrations, as well as a virtual partner showcase. You won't want to miss it. Register here.
Intel® Network Builders University Offers New Courses on Cryptography and Hyperscan
Two new courses are publishing in the Intel® Network Builders University this month, bringing our total available courses to 71, so log in and experience them firsthand.
- Cryptography Basics: This course provides an introduction to cryptography, including a brief history.
- Hyperscan: This course provides an introduction Hyperscan. It is an open source software pattern-matching library, created by Intel under a BSD license. The Hyperscan software develops, tests, and documents sets of OS-independent, multi-threaded pattern matching libraries. You can learn more about Hyperscan and download it at 01.org/hyperscan.
The online portion of the University is available to all Intel Network Builders program members and the public through a simple registration here. Intel Network Builders University is one of three learning centers in Intel® Builders University, which also includes the Intel® Cloud Builders University and Intel® Storage Builders University. Registrants have access to all of the content in the three learning centers and the new courses added each month. Below are the new courses from the Intel Cloud Builders University learning center.
- Containers 101: This video provides an introduction to container technology.
- Intel® Resource Director Technology Demos with Noisy Neighbor Detection: This is a demonstration that illustrates how to detect and control noisy neighbors with a GUI based on the Intel Resource Director Technology.
- Cloud Workload Placement Considerations: This video will help viewers understand how to build a unified hybrid cloud leveraging both the public and private clouds. Key topics include software defined infrastructure, containers, virtual machines, and workload placement.
Please take a look, and after exploring the offerings, let us know what content you would like to see added to the university.
Welcome Our New Ecosystem Partners and End Users
Fast Data (FD.io) Project Issues Fourth Release, Furthers Position as Universal Dataplane
Last month, FD.io announced the availability of its 17.04 software release. The project's fourth release contains a set of new features to enable commercial-ready solutions for software defined infrastructures. Created to address the gaps that exist in the open networking stack to deliver dynamic data plane services for dynamic computing environments like cloud, containers, and network functions virtualization (NFV), the design of FD.io is hardware, kernel, and deployment (bare metal, VM, container) agnostic.
In this article, learn how to configure a software defined networking (SDN)-enabled wired/wireless network using Open vSwitch* (OvS) with Faucet* (an open source SDN controller) through detailed instructions.
In this video, learn how to get good performance from Intel® QuickAssist Technology software. It describes the performance issues you might encounter, how to troubleshoot issues with appropriate tools, and how to address problems. Performance issues aren't always straightforward, and the video also discusses performance tradeoffs and provides additional resources.
This document provides a summary of the following four new Kubernetes* features that Intel has developed and shows how they can be used in an NFV deployment: Multus CNI Plugin, SR-IOV CNI Plugin, Node Feature Discovery for SR-IOV VFs, and CPU Core Manager for Kubernetes.
At NetSoft 2017, a team of experts from Intel will present a tutorial titled "Fast Packet Processing in VNF using DPDK and FD.io."* In the tutorial, presenters will discuss how packet processing in the fast path involves looking up bit patterns and deciding on actions at line rate. This tutorial will talk about the various building blocks available to speed up packet processing—both hardware-based and software-based—and give hands-on lab experience on DPDK and FD.io fast path look up with the following sessions:
- "Introduction to Building Blocks," by Sujata Tibrewala, Network Technology Evangelist at Intel
- "DPDK HASH Library Hands-On Training," by Saikrishna Edupuganti, Researcher at Intel Labs
- "DPDK IP Pipeline Hands-On," by Muthurajan Jayakumar, Technical Marketing Engineer at Intel
- "FD.io VPP Architecture and Hands-On Training," by Sergio Gonzalez Monroy, Network Software Engineer, Intel
Date: Friday, July 7
Time: 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Bologna, Italy
Out of the Box Network Developers Celebrate OpenStack's* Seventh Birthday! (Santa Clara, CA)
Join the Out of the Box Network Developers and the Bay Area OpenStack* meet up group as we celebrate OpenStack's seventh birthday. At this all-day event, there will be hands-on sessions and demos by experts on Kubernetes* and OpenStack, OpenStack and Internet of things (IoT), Network Services Benchmark (NSB), and containers and software data plane: DPDK and FD.io*/VPP. Speakers from the Linux Foundation* will discuss the OPNFV* Plugfest/ETSI* Plug Test and its benefit to NFV developers. During the evening reception, special guest speaker Uri Elzur, CTO of Intel's Data Center Network Solution Group, will share his expertise in cloud networking.
Date: Thursday, July 27
Platform Transformation for NFV and SDN (Ireland)
Join us at the next meet up of Out of the Box Network Developers. The topic will be about platform transformation for NFV and SDN.
Details about the agenda to follow, so stay tuned!
Date: Tuesday, August 22
Time: 9:30 am
If you missed the Intel® Developer Zone SDN/NFV Dev Lab last month in San Jose, or want to see a particular session again, several sessions from the event are now online. Watch the videos below at the Intel® Virtual Event center (free login required on the site).
- "Open Source Approach to Design and Deployment of Microservices-Based VNF," with Prem Sankar G, Principal Engineer, Ericsson
- "Cache Consistency: Requirements and Its Packet Processing Performance Implications," with Muthurajan Jayakumar, Technical Marketing Engineer
- "Improving Performance of Your Network Application Using Load Aware Libeventdev," with Sundar Vedantham, Sr. Technical Manager
- "NIC Strategy/Roadmap," with Jude Lee, Intel
© 2017 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of the Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.