Register Now for Intel® Network Builders Summits!
Join us for three upcoming Intel Network Builders Summits. These exclusive summits will bring to you the latest technologies driving the evolution of network infrastructure as the industry works to meet the ever increase demand of a connected world.
Learn from industry experts on topics surrounding virtualization and automation in the era of cloud and edge. Don't miss the opportunity to share insights with members of the Intel Network Builders community and expand your technical skills with presentations from industry leaders.
Intel® Network Builders University Announces Network Edge Program
The Network Edge program within the Intel® Network Builders University focuses on accelerating network edge solutions for both enterprises and communication service providers. As an integral part of the advancement of 5G and network transformation, the network edge program aims to speed the development, deployment, and adoption of edge-centric technologies.
New courses released this month – Edge Use Case Series: A series of five courses introducing real edge use case opportunities, challenges and solutions aimed to start discussions about monetization of edge services. These new courses include:
Intel® Network Builders University Announces New Visual Cloud Course – Introduction to Cloud Gaming
The Intel Network Builders University continues expanding its Visual Cloud Program this month with the addition of Introduction to Cloud Gaming. This course introduces the visual cloud service of cloud gaming, the challenges facing the video game industry today and how cloud gaming has the potential to disrupt that market with the solutions it can provide.
More about the Intel Network Builders University
There are more than 190 courses available across five languages (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese & Korean), with new content released each month. The online portion of the university is available to Intel® Network Builders program members through a simple registration here and for the public here. Intel Network Builders University is one of three learning centers in Intel® Builders, which also includes the Intel® Data Center Builders University and Intel® AI Academy. Registrants have access to content in both learning centers.
Please take a look and after exploring the offerings, let us know what content you would like to see added to the university.
Welcome Our New Ecosystem Partners and End Users
With more than 300 ecosystem partners, the Intel® Network Builders program continues to grow! We welcome new partners: Edgegap,* Napatech,* NoviFlow,* Wistron NeWeb Corp.,* and XCOM-Labs.*
To see all of our members, visit the Ecosystem Partners page, the Network Edge Ecosystem page, and the End User Members page on our website.
User Plane Innovations Enable Profitable 5G Service and Mobile Growth
5G mobile deployments have begun around the world and it is the next evolution of connectivity, creating a paradigm shift that will enable incredible growth in subscriber traffic and peak rates over the next five years. This greatly increases demand on user plane performance in packet core networks. Learn how Intel and Ericsson* are addressing this with Ericsson's optimized software solutions for their Dual-Mode 5G Cloud Core on Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor-based platforms and Intel® network controller, with Ericsson's User Plane function delivering up to 193 Gbps User Plane throughput.
Set Up a Playground for Edge Services on a virtual machine or on DPDK-supported hardware - Configure an NFVI infrastructure to prototype and evaluate potential edge services using DPDK in a container-based solution that incorporates Kata Containers, Vector Packet Processing (VPP), and Open Baton. By Michael Pauls of Fraunhofer FOKUS.
Memory in Data Plane Development Kit Part 1: General Concepts
The first in a series of articles that offers a comprehensive look at memory topics in DPDK, including general concepts, I/O Virtual Addresses (IOVA), new features, and more. By Anatoly Burakov.
© 2019 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of the Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For our ecosystem's latest news, podcasts, webinars, blog posts, and more, visit Social Hub. Recent contributions from our community have included podcasts from Cloudera,* IntelligentWire,* MobiledgeX,* Parallel Wireless,* Quilt,* and Tata Consultancy Services.
Don't miss these recent and upcoming webinars on the Intel® Network Builders webinar channel:
"Mobile Network Performance Problems are About to Get Worse: Now What?" with Diego Lozano de Fournas, Sr. Technical Marketing Manager at Spirent* and Ram Garapaty, Sr. Product Manager at Spirent* on September 10 – Register Now
"Kick Starting Virtualization with Mettle 2vBNG,"* with Rajkumar Sukumaran, Head of Technology at Mettle Networks* and Abraham K. Jacob, Vice President, IP Networking Products* on August 29 – Register Now
"Micro Detail. Macro Intelligence." With Tom Foottit, Senior Director, Product Management at Accedian* on August 20 – Register Now
"The Evolution of Open Network Switch Designs by Edgecore Networks,"* with Matt Roman, VP of Marketing and Product Management at Edgecore Networks* on August 13 – Register Now
"The Future of Service Assurance – Building Assurance into Automated Systems," with Jean-Marius Antonica, Product Manager NFV and 5G at Anritsu* on August 6 – Register Now
"Building a Scalable SD-WAN Infrastructure with Room to Grow," with Sven Freudenfeld, CTO Telecom Applications at Lanner Electronics.* – Watch Now
Join the Conversation on Twitter*
Intel® Network Builders offers a variety of online options for you to reach out to fellow ecosystem members between events. Follow @IntelNetwork on Twitter* or use the Intel Network Builders hashtag, #IntelBuilders. You can also follow industry leaders from Intel via their Twitter handles.
– Brian Aherne, Director Communications Infrastructure & General Manager Intel Shannon – @aherne_brian
– Caroline Chan, Vice President, Network Platforms Group, and General Manager, Network Business Incubator Division – @CarolineChan5G
– Lynn Comp, Vice President, Network Platforms Group, and General Manager, Visual Cloud Division – @comp_lynn
– Rajesh Gadiyar, Vice President, Network Platforms Group and General Manager Architecture & Systems Engineering – @rgadiyar
– Bob Ghaffari, General Manager, Data Center / Network Platforms Group – @BobGhaffari
– Allyson Klein, Director of Marketing, Data Center Group – @TechAllyson
– Bryan Madden, Director of Marketing, Network Platforms Group – @maddsey
– Dan McNamara, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Network and Custom Logic Group – @DanRMcNamara
– Renu Navale, Senior Director, Edge Services & Industry Enabling, Network Platforms Group – @RenuNavale
– Jeni Panhorst, Vice President, Strategic Planning & Program Management, General Manager Network Platforms Group – @jeni_p
– Alex Quach, General Manager of Wireline and Wireless Core Networks Division – @QuachAlexander
– Cristina Rodriguez, Vice President, Data Center Group and General Manager, Wireless Access Network Division – @CristinaR_5G
– Dan Rodriguez, Vice President, Network Platforms Group, and General Manager, Network Compute Division – @DanRod2000
– Chandresh Ruparel, Director of Ecosystem Strategy and Intel® Network Builders – @ChandreshR01
– Lisa Spelman, Vice President and General Manager, Intel Xeon Products and Data Center Marketing – @LisaSpelman
– Jim St. Leger, Technology Marketing Manager – @JimStLeger